We are excited to announce that the Annual Biomedical Science & Health Disparities Symposium will occur on April 7 – 8, 2022! This year we will host the symposium both virtually and in-person.
Event Description: The Annual Biomedical Sciences & Health Disparities Symposium attracts some of the top health science research and ideas from throughout academia in Hawaii. Medical Students, Residents, Medical Fellows, Graduate Students, Post-Doctoral Fellows and Undergraduates are invited to present their work. Research Associates and Faculty are encouraged to attend. The Symposium will have both virtual and live components this year. Friends and family may attend the online event. The live, in-person poster sessions will be closed to the general public.
Day 1 : April 7, 2022
- Graduate Students, Post-Doctoral Researchers will present their research in-person via poster format.
- Medical Students, Residents, and Medical Fellows will present their research in short, oral format virtually through Zoom. Length of presentations and precise times will be determined after all abstracts are received.
- Keynote Seminar on Zoom by Dr. Jae Jung, Chair of Cancer Biology Department, Director of Infection Biology Program, Director of Global Center for Pathogen and Human Health Research, Cleveland Clinic, Ohio.
Day 2 : April 8, 2022
- Undergraduate Students, Community College Students
- Students will present their research in poster format in-person following a schedule, which will later be determined by the Hawaii INBRE Program.
Applications have opened today, January 20, 2022 and the deadline to submit abstracts is February 20, 2022. **Please note that COVID-19 Safety Guidelines are enforced for any in-person sessions. To learn more about these guidelines, please visit: http://biosymp.jabsom.hawaii.edu/index.php/covid-safety-guidlines/** For more information regarding the event and application, please visit: http://biosymp.jabsom.hawaii.edu/. If you have any questions or concerns, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are affiliated with INBRE, please email email@example.com.