The AIM-AHEAD Consortium will conduct a virtual symposium to showcase artificial intelligence (AI)/machine learning (ML) uses in health and host a listening session to better understand the needs of Hawaii, Guam, American Samoa, and Pacific Islander communities. This free symposium will address:
- What is AI/ML?
- How can AI/ML be applied to health settings to improve health equity?
- How can bias be introduced to AI/ML?
- What are some real world examples of how some AI/ML tools have inadvertently deepened health disparities?
- How can the community be involved in co-creating equitable AI/ML tools?
- What is AIM-AHEAD?
- What are some opportunities for collaboration?
WHO: This symposium is for Hawaii, Guam, American Samoa, Pacific Islander communities, and those interested in how AI/ML impacts health equity.
WHEN: Wednesday, August 10, 2022 (8-11A ChST / 11A-2P SST / 12P-3P HST / 5P-8 CST)
WHY: The AIM-AHEAD Coordinating Center was established to enhance diversity in the
field of artificial intelligence and machine learning (AI/ML), with emphasis on reducing
health disparities and promoting health equity. We hope to achieve this by engaging in a
fair, equitable, and transparent process of building a consortium of AI/ML to promote health
equity and an inclusive and diverse workforce. Many communities have untapped potential
to contribute new expertise, data, recruitment strategies, and cutting-edge science to the AI/
ML field. AIM-AHEAD Coordinating Center seeks to increase participation and engagement
through mutually beneficial partnerships, stakeholder engagement, and outreach to advance